There’s not a lot of data available for a full preview, but I do have some thoughts / questions for the Bulls’ season opener:
1. How long and (more importantly) how well will Derrick Rose play? Remember, he just wants to be the best at his position.
2. Is really Luol Deng ready to go?
3. Will Tim Duncan eat Tyrus Thomas alive?
4. Will the Spurs be gassed after thrashing the Hornets last night and then travelling to Chicago?
5. Will DeJuan Blair (14 points, 11 boards off the bench against the Hornets) make the Bulls regret not drafting him?
6. Has Vinny Del Negro figured out a rotation? Speaking of which…
7. And the starting lineup is…?
8. How badly — if at all — will the Bulls miss Ben Gordon (who had 22 points off the Pistons bench last night).
9. Will Joakim Noah be able to wreck the world in his battle with Matt Bonner. On that subject…
10. Why oh why did the Aaron Gray injury have to rob the world of a potential Bonner versus Gray matchup?