From ESPNChicago.com: “[Gordon] was prepared to sign last year at the end, but after he turned down our offer, we thought about it and thought about it and decided it was in our best interest just to go one year with Ben,” Reinsdorf said. “We informed him of that, at which time his agent came back and said, ‘We’ll take your prior offer.’ We said it was too late. It’s off the table. We’ll have decisions to make at the draft. It depends on who we take, whether we trade our picks or we trade other players. Where we’re going with Ben can’t be decided until after July 1.”
That’s not quite the “re-signing Gordon is a priority” message that Gar Forman delievered last week. It’s more of a “wait and see” statement, which seems reasonable. In case you forgot, that offer from last year that Reinsdorf alluded to was worth $58 million over six years.